Thursday, April 8, 2010

Pride and Your Relationship with God

For those of you that don’t know me or is looking at this blog for the first time, my writing style is that of the lay person. I don’t know scripture to quote, but I tell you in my own words how I feel and the thoughts that I experience through this unbelievable journey.

I’ve met a few people since this all started and I’ve noticed a few things. One is that there are those who are saved but really don’t know God on a daily basis. Their pride or the way that they were raised keeps them from turning more of their lives over to God. The ones that I’ve met are mostly men and for men there is a tendency to think that if you give too much of your life to your religion than you lose something of yourself, in that, you no longer seem in control or that you have become a zealot. As a man I can tell you that most of us have been raised to be the leaders of our family, to be the rock that everyone stands or falls back on…..we must ALWAYS show our strength and not faultier from that course.

These men are missing a big part of what God can bring into their life. I can tell you from my own experience that each stage of my relationship with God has empowered me, not taken anything away. I forget which Psalm it is, but in that message there is a statement that says “God is the Strength of my Heart”, if anything, allowing God into your life makes you stronger. There are those that I’ve known both before they’ve been saved and afterwards who enjoy a close relationship with God…..These people radiate strength from within, you can feel that they are more in control of their lives than they have ever been.

My message today is that there is a happy medium between just being saved versus becoming a zealot. And that place is different for everyone…..but we must not fail in our attempt to become closer to God. He wants us to be happy, He wants us to succeed, He wants us to maintain our individuality, so please look for that which brings you closer to your Lord. He knows us so well, He knows what we need and He is our biggest supporter. We all suffer trials and tribulations but that does not mean that we have to deal with them on our own. We are NOT WEAK if we turn our problems over to our Lord. In business, as in life, we our taught to use all of our resources for maximum effectiveness and to achieve the best results. God is a HUGH resource…..He is there waiting for you to use His energy and tap His promise to deliver us in all that we do….don’t let that slip away because you think that people will see you as someone who has gone overboard with their religion.

Let Him in….you will never regret that decision. In looking back I can’t believe how dumb I’ve been about trying to carry all of what life has dumped on me on my own shoulders. The times that I have turned to God for help, I have never been disappointed. And I can tell you that I am not worthy of His Love, but I know that Jesus died so that I could receive what God has to offer.

Dear friends please listen to this message and know that God has a miraculous life in store for you…..all we have to do is ask……..Remember….”Ask and you will receive”…….God Bless you all.

8 comments:

  1. Mike, this is an awesome post. Your witness to your experience finding your faith is right on.

    The joy and comfort you are feeling makes my heart sing for you. God is great. Life is great.

    Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Great post, Bro!
    God bless you for your witness and insight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us...God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well said, Mike. I certainly agree with your comments. Thank you for sharing them with us.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. What sound, wonderful words. I wish every man could read them. Thank God I am married to that kind of man but I know so many, even in the church, who are not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job Mike. Thank you for this powerful, personal testimony. We need people like you to urge other men to live their lives for God.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mike, I am so excited in the work of the Holy Spirit in your life. Revelation comes from the Holy Spirit and He is truly at work in you. Renewing your mind....taking you from the old man into the NEW man. We are being changed each day by the work of Christ in our lives. Keep on living the promise and tell it from the roof top (so to speak). Jesus is Lord of ALL. Your sister in Christ. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great post. There are so many young men that can surly benefit from reading this post.
    Blessings,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete