Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Compassion

“Life is full of ups and downs and I am left to deal with them on my own. Others say that they understand but until they’ve walked in my shoes they can’t fully understand what I am going through.”

These are words that have echoed from peoples lips throughout time. The truth is that you are NOT alone. Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ has guaranteed that through his teachings and personal sacrifice. Having struggled personally with some of these ups and downs, I know that God is there to help me. Literally, every time I have asked for His help I have received an answer. And most of that help has been exactly what I have asked for, for example, I would ask God to tell me what action I should take regarding a personal issue and within a few hours I am presented with the thoughts of what I should do…..now keep in mind, these are thoughts that I would never have come up with on my own.

I can see how people can let their circumstances get the best of them…..in fact; it has happened to me a lot in the recent past, but having said that, since I have turned to God and accepted Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior, I have never felt abandoned. I have also been blessed with friends and family members who have been there, when I’ve needed them.

In regards to more Earthly help, us mortals should not under-appreciate the value of having another person who is there to support you. A sounding board, if you will, to help you process and provide feedback to help you through the darkest time. What you should know is that, that other mortal person I am talking about has been sent your way by God to be the right person at the right time you need to get you through your situation.

As Christians I think one of the most important things we can do is to offer ourselves as that sounding board to others. Become your brother’s keeper, you would be surprised how much you are appreciated and how much better you will feel as well. You never know you may have saved that person’s life. There are those who make one last ditch effort before taking that final step leading to suicide. Although suicide is a sin and is NEVER the answer to your problems……you hear in the nightly news the number of suicide’s continues to rise each year…..I have to think that some of those taking this horrible action are Christian’s who have somehow lost their way.

Dear brothers and sisters my message is clear……..seek out those in need, make a difference in someone’s life. And in doing so share your relationship with God and help those who are struggling to create a relationship with God of their own. You will never regret it. Compassion is one of our Lords greatest gifts to us, don’t waste it or push it to the back burner. Everything that Jesus did while on this Earth can be tied back to His compassion for mankind. Please take this opportunity to exhibit your ability to show compassion.

God Bless you all......

2 comments:

  1. Right on, Mike. I firmly believe that our purpose in life is to make the world a better place. Love one another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, It's good to see you on your blog again. After reading, I went to a few verses in Psalm 94 that say: 17) Unless the Lord has been my help, I would soon have dwelt in [the land where there is] silence. 18) When I said, My foot is slipping, Your mercy and loving kindness, O Lord, held me up. 19) In the multitude of my [anxious] thoughts within me, Your comforts cheer and delight my soul.

    Isn't that wonderful? We think we are at the end of our rope sometimes, but if we reach out to the Lord in prayer, we will find there is so much more for us and even better, because we find out about His compassion for us, His love for us. His well never runs dry and His face is NEVER turned away from us.

    Keep on sharing the gospel of Christ, Mike, and may "divine appointments" be the order of the day for you and yours.

    Your friend
    Linda

    ReplyDelete