Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Prayer for Forgiveness

Dear God,

I am your humble servant. My intentions are good, but I am human. I suffer from all of the flaws and impurities that come from existing in this worldly environment. My soul is dedicated to you and I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. In His name, Dear God I ask that you forgive me my sins and guide me “down the road” towards righteousness. Help me to shed my worldly concerns and to focus on an eternity by your side. Forgive me, for I am just a man. There are many things in this life that I have done that I am not proud of…….I have let down myself and others in the past which has impacted my life in so many ways. All I want Dear God, is to feel like I will be in Heaven after this life.

Jesus has sacrificed so much for me that nothing I can do can repay Him……He took on the sins of an entire WORLD so that we could reunite with our God.

I go to bed each night praying to you and hoping for Forgiveness, I also ask that you help make me a better person tomorrow then I was today. Each morning I wake hoping that I can live up to your expectations. There are no excuses for my shortcomings, just know Dear God that my soul belongs to you. Do with it what you see fit…..Please show me how to serve you each day.

In Jesus name I pray….Amen

10 comments:

  1. Mike, That is a wonderful, heartfelt prayer. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. Such a beautiful and very heartgelt prayer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike, how excellent to keep a repentant heart! I also find comfort in these Scriptures, as I begin to understand God's grace.

    Rom. 3:23-25 (we all fall short of God's glory)

    Rom. 7:13-25 (sin's hold on our flesh)

    Rom. 8:1-11 (no more condemnation! The Spirit of Life in me gives me power over sin)

    Eph. 2:8-10 (Grace is a gift, not earned by works)

    Isaiah 64:6 (even our righteousness is filthy compared to God's holiness)

    There are so many, I couldn't possibly list them all, but it might be helpful to get a study guide on the Book of Romans.

    God bless,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful prayer, Mike. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful prayer, it touched my heart.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this heartfelt prayer with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mike, I just learned about your mother. You are all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete